perjantai 6. syyskuuta 2013

Girls I like II

I'd like to add some names on the 'girls I like' list. I could also create a list of 'women I admire' but I'm not in the mood at the moment (that list would include at least Tarja Halonen and Joanna Lumley; and most of the girls I like).

More girls I like:



Ok. Lisa is a 'child'. No she isn't! She's got the intellect of a Nobel prize winner at the age of 8. She's not 8. Sadly she is animated, but if she wasn't, I'd go out with her. I really like her. I can identify with her in a lot of ways. The only problem between us (.....) is the fact that sometimes some of the episodes of The Simpsons are written by idiots that don't understand anything about Lisa. Lisa Simpson is a prodigy, just like me. Highly intelligent, like me. People unable to understand this are prone to make Lisa into some stereotypical little girl that only gives a shit about unicorns and Malibu Stacy dolls. That's infuriating. Lisa is not like that. She gives a shit about a lot of things; the most important of things. People that don't understand this shouldn't touch Lisa. They shouldn't touch us. We are better than them.




A few days ago I finally realized that I love Saga Norén. I'd seen one episode of the Swedish/Danish TV-series Bron/Broen. Then one night, weeks later, one of the main characters, the Swedish police officer named Saga Norén visited my dream. In the dream I was in love with her, and when I woke up, I understood that this was probably the way it was. Now, last Sunday night or something, I watched another episode of Bron/Broen. At the final glimpse of the episode we see wounded Saga Norén lose her conciousness and fall to the ground and then the theme song starts playing:


Well, that's the intro. The outro sounds better and different. Anyway, at that moment I realized that yes, I really do love Saga Norén. I like her the same way I like Lisbeth Salander. (Liking Saga Norén makes me feel my love for Lisbeth again.) They are so strong and deadpan, but that's just what they naturally are; they're not faking it, and it's obvious that at the same time they are beautifully vulnerable and human. That's how I like my peoples. That's what I fall in love with. When I write my books, I notice that I'm always writing characters that I instantly or eventually fall in love with, and this is the recipe.

In Lisbeth's case it's never fully clarified whether she has Asperger's Syndrome, but when it comes to Saga, it's almost like the point of the whole thing. Saga Norén is a good joke, a very unusual joke, and I like that a lot:

 

I like people with Asperger's. I may have some form of that myself. I mean, it would explain a lot, like why I'm so different from most people and why I'm so much better than them in most cognitive ways and at everything. Social norms interest me, but they don't affect me the way they affect other people, and when it comes to cognitive skills I rock'n'roll so fucking hard.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti